Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A wedding gift...

I have a co-worker who was throwing together a last minute wedding. I didn't really ask the details of why, but of course offered to help. I asked if she had a guest  book, and she said no, but that she needed to get one.
One thing that another bride shared with me while I was wedding planning, was NOT to get a guest book, because it just sits in the closet and collects dust. Instead, I opted for a pretty framed canvas with our last name painted on it (by my uber talented momma,) and had all the guests sign in  sharpie markers that coordinated with our wedding colors. It hangs in our room, and I love reading the little notes people wrote, and that seems like a much better idea than a book in the closet!
Anyway, I offered to make my co-worker something that people could sign that would grace the walls of her home, so here ya go.


I threw my shoe up there to show you all how big it is! Please ignore my messy carpet, Oscar just finished ripping a toy to smithereens!
How did I do it? Well, I started with a 24 inch letter from JoAnns for $9.99 (40% coupon made it $6,) painted it brown, made some felt flowers, and then cut out some felt leaves/vines and that was IT! So beautiful! Her guests signed with a fine point black sharpie.

Have a wonderful night!


2 comments:

  1. Love it. If you get a chance I would love you to link your wedding gift up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete