Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Lets change things up a bit...

and do a post that has nothing to do with Christmas!

As I have mentioned before, I got married in Virginia where all of my friends and family are from. And then we had a reception here in Chicago. Because of this, I was fortunate enough to have a 3 bridal showers. One thrown by my Mom in Virginia, one thrown by my mother-in-law here in Chi-Town, and one thrown by my co-workers in the office.

My mom was supposed to have help from my sisters, however with one of them being disabled, and the other being a full-time college student, I ended up doing their share. And I didn't mind! I LOVE that stuff! Since my wedding colors were chocolate and copper and in no way "girly," I wanted GIRLY GIRL for the shower and everything was pink and silver! We did this on a low-low-low budget, because that's what I wanted. I didn't want to break the bank. Just wanted my family and friends around, because that's all that really matters!!!

Here are the cupcakes that mom and I made:
Light pink roses in a white pitcher that my mom had. We got the flowers from the grocery store, which I ALWAYS recommend! Beautiful AND much less expensive than a florist!:
Just a FEW, well placed decorations
Delicious Food:

Some handmade candy favors:
And friends and family:






It was all done budget friendly, and was a ton of fun...and all I could ever ask for. I think Americans go WAY over board on weddings and bridal showers and parties and everything else. All that matters is that you have fun and you are with the ones that you love! And for me, that I get to do a little crafting! ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment