Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Wreath, there is it!

Want to make a quick and easy wreath for your front door, or better yet, a gift for a teacher or something???

I've been making these super easy, super cute wreaths now for a while now and I think it's about time I share my secret!! I showed my friend Laura how to make them and she has already whipped up 2 and she doesn't consider herself crafty, although I KNOW that deep down she is!!

Anyway, all I do with these little suckers is buy a foam wreath from Michael's, Jo Ann's, Hobby Lobby, etc (always with a coupon my friends...lets not get crazy!!) and pick a color scheme. Once I decide what colors I want I pick 4-5 ribbons of different widths and usually some tulle to go with that as well. The tulle that comes on a roll rocks, but it can be pricey (unless you use your coupon,) so you can just buy a few yards for a few dollars and cut it yourself and cut it into strips if you want.

Once all that is done, I just cut everything into about 4-5 inch strips depending on how much you want to hang off. Some of my wreaths are very long and "shaggy," while others are very short and close to the Styrofoam. It all depends on what you like.  Then just tie and tie and tie and tie. I usually just put all my strips in a big bowl and sit in front of a movie :)

Once you are done, you can add a stuffed animal for a baby shower, or faux flowers, or plastic eggs like I did for my spring wreath, or really whatever in the world you an come up with. For my Christmas one I have an "R" ornament dangling in the center. You can do ANYTHING with this!! If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or anything, please comments me! I can't wait to see what you guys have come up with!!!

Here are a few pics of my wreaths!






Follow me for more cute, easy and quick ideas!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment