Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Let it snow!

It's amazing how a city reacts to snow in the forecast.

Back home in Warrenton, life comes to a screeching halt when snow is predicted. Schools are cancelled before anything starts falling, people flock to the grocery stores, and everyone stays home.

Here in the Chicago suburbs, people are more prepared. The kids rarely miss school, and the roads are usually plowed before you even have to go out anywhere. People just go about their business like its nothing.

When I moved here 2 years ago, I would get all excited when it started to snow. My boss told me that by the end of the season I would be cursing it just like everyone else. Well, hes wrong, I still love the snow, and in fact, I am astonished at the LACK of snow around here lately. We had our White Christmas, and since then, it has been in the mid 40s during the days, and all my beautiful snow is gone. I have yet to have to use 4-wheel-drive to get to work, and although my dogs hate it, I am ready for some more of the white stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment