Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Down Home Sunday

Every Sunday I'm going to post pictures of one little corner or another of our home. While this is not MY first home, and not HIS first home...it's OUR first home, and we have had a wonderful time making it our own. As usual for me, it's still a work in progress :)

So, here is a little corner of our guest bathroom that makes me smile everytime I go in there!
Just a little collection of happy things!

I got this at a garage sale for 10 cents. Its pretty rediculous. Its a hand-blown glass dachshund with 2 little glass dachshunds inside. I don't think that I would ever pay more than 10 cents for it, but for the price, it looks cute in the bathroom, right?


One of my favorite photographs...ever. I don't even know what year it was taken, but this is my grandma and grandpa Briner outside of their first home. My dad gave it to me in a frame for Christmas one year. I love how happy they look, and how my grandpa looks JUST like my dad!

 Crazy soap dispenser. I made this at one of those paint-your-own-pottery joints in Occaquan, Virginia. I have always loved those places, but this particular outing was special to me because it was with my best friend, Laura and her amazing son, Ryan.
Shells from the BIG mason jar. The jar is from a place I went to on Cape Cod called Christmas Tree Shop. I know that they exsist in other places, but I have never seen one since. The shells have been collected over the years from family vacations to Virginia Beach, trips with friends to Cape Cod, Key West and the Outerbanks. There are also some sharks teeth from girl scout trips to Camp Coles Trip a million years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment