Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

My dad is Amazing. He truly is the reason that I because the adult that I am today. He taught me to stand tall, to make due with what life handed me, to laugh when I wanted to cry, and to be strong, creative, and free willed.

There is no one in this world who can make me laugh the way that my dad can. Seriously, within 3 minutes, he can have me on the floor, clutching my belly because it hurts so bad from laughing over God-knows-what?? And its always been that way between he and I, since before I can even remember.

My Dad works at a funeral home, that's not funny at all right? I seriously don't know how he manages sometimes, but he does. He provides for a wife and a disabled child on a slim budget after loosing his job 5 years ago. He never missed a beat....just kept on going. That's my Dad.


Happy Father's Day, Pops! I love you!

I also have 2 amazing grandfathers who of course I don't have any pictures of on my computer.

My Dad's father, Ted, came here from England as a 13-year-old child with his brother, John during WWII. He basically had nothing with him but the clothes on on his back. He managed to become a successful businessman, make a beautiful home for his family, and provide for them. He is the original "rags to riches" story.

My mom's father, Commander William Dorow, was a pilot in the Navy and the father of 5 children. An avid golfer and historian. He is now living in Suffolk Virginia and giving historical tours for a living.

My father-in-law, Bill "Rosie" Rosenbergh, died 11 years ago this Christmas. He was loved by everyone. He helped everyone in the family with the smallest or largest of projects. Even if it was just bringing them a cup of coffee on a bad day at work, he was there for them. He was very active in our church. He got a college scholorship to Colorado for football and wrestling, but only went for one year because his father, Jack Rosenbergh, passed away and he had to come home and help take care of his mother. Kurt misses his dad every day, and I missed out on knowing  very special man.

No comments:

Post a Comment