Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Katie's baby...

I've been friends with Katie since 5th grade. I have had a lot of friends give birth in the last few years, but this will be the first "old" friend, or a friend that I grew up with from a very young age. I am so excited for her and I can't wait to meet baby Avery.

Since she is back home in Virginia and I am here in Chicago, I was not able to make it for her shower, but don't you worry...I have some surprises up my sleeve for when Avery arrives. I was browsing etsy for some ideas on what to make this sweet baby girl this morning and fell in love with some of the adorable things that they had for momma's like Katie.

Katie knows pretty much everything about every animal and creature that roams the earth, especially locally in Virginia. Her parents, Carol and Hal, are experts and spent hours and hours teaching Katie and her brothers about all of the different species of deer, snakes, frogs, frogs, fish, turtles, etc, etc, etc that call Virginia home.
Here is my girl with a massive snapping turtle...once in high school she jumped into a pond after one of these and put it into my car because the owner of the pond was going to shoot it. Man, I hope she doesn't kill me for stealing this picture from her facebook!

Katie is also able to take normal, every day objects like PVC pipe...and make them into beautiful things like chandeliers! Man, I wish I had a picture of that thing!

She decided the moment that she found out that she was having a girl that she did NOT want any pink around the house or on her baby. At first I was like OK, no big deal...but its REALLY hard to find outfits and stuff that are not covered in the signature "baby girl" pink!!

Anyway, what are you getting at here, Emily?? Well, etsy has this feature where you can make a "treasury list" of things. Basically its just a collection of things you like for one reason or another. I've made a few before, its also another way to draw attention to your own shop because people look through your lists and then they can see who created them. I made one for Katie this morning and the stuff I found is SO stinkin' cute!! Go on over and take a peak...and if anyone wants to purchase all that stuff and send it to baby Avery, please do...ha ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment