Total Pageviews

Friday, September 2, 2011

Flea market fun

Two weeks ago when I was back home in Virginia, I was lucky enough to have some time to go to a large flea market with my friend Katie, her mom Carol and of course...sweet baby Avery. Katie and I have been exploring flea markets, garage sales, and thrift stores since we were 11 or 12 so this was a fun time to catch up, look at junk, and let the baby have her first ever thrifty experience!!

Here are a few pictures of some things that I did NOT buy, but found interesting.


1. Fresh VA produce...it really doesn't get much better than this! I bought a dozen peaches that my sisters and I gobbled up, and Carol bought a head of cabbage that probably weighed close to 12 pounds!! So delicious!

2. This vendor had 25+ old lunch boxes for sale. I don't know who Rachel B. is...but she was one lucky girl to have such a bad ass popples lunch box! I LOVED my popples growing up! If this had been in better shape, I would have had a really hard time walking away from it.

 3. Grasshopper making himself cozy on someones table
4. Vintage Disney alphabet plates. Katie really liked these. They were $60 for the entire set. She really only wanted the ones to spell out "Avery" above her crib, but the lady wouldn't break up the set. She talked the lady into selling her the whole set for $30, but when we looked through them, there were only 20 letters....not 26, and the V and R were gone. Oh Well.

5. Wiener dog shoe scraper/door stop thinggy. I was very tempted to get this and put it by the back door. It would have been especially good for Chicago winters to scrape snow off of your boots before coming inside. They were asking $40 for it and would not budge, so I had to pass.


Have you been to a good old fashioned flea market lately? What were your favorite, or most interesting finds? Long weekend coming up...I bet there are some good markets out there! Have a good one!





No comments:

Post a Comment